If you are keto you understand that cutting down gluten driven pasta, lasagna and noodles are a big-no. However, you can still make your favorite mac and cheese in Keto style by eliminating starchy “Noodles or Macaroni”. Now you might be thinking these ingredients are crucial for any Mac and cheese recipe, right? Perhaps this time you should make something different and that’s too without adding any macaroni. This keto recipe is suitable for festive lunches as well as weeknight dinners. You can decide for yourself when to make it.
- Servings: 6
- Preparing time: 15 minutes
- Baking time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp of butter for baking dish
- 2-3 cauliflower heads, chop the florets in any size and shape
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper for seasoning
- Heavy cream one cup
- 6-7 Oz of cream cheese, shred it
- 4 cup of shredded cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp of hat sauce or shrisa sauce
- For topping of Keto Mac and Cheese
- Crushed chicken I cup
- 2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- Some chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Procedure for making Keto Mac and Cheese:
- First you need to preheat the oven to 375 degrees centigrade.
- Pick any dish of your choice 8 by 12 inches or 9 by 13 inches, whatever is available and butter it beforehand.
- In a mixing bowl, put all the florets of cauliflower, pour the virgin oil, and season the vegetable with salt and pepper.
- Roast the cauliflower in a baking dish for up to 40 minutes.
- As the cauliflower is rotating, prepare the rest of the recipe. In a pot pour the heavy cream and heat it nicely.
- When the cream starts simmering, reduce the heat to the low because you want the cream to turn oily. The purpose is to melt the cheese a bit only.
- Remove the pot from the stove and add some hot sauce or shrisa sauce to it. Season it with salt and pepper
- Now mix it with the roasted cauliflower, each floret should be folded into the cheese mixture.
- Now prepare the baking dish. Spread the mixture of cheese (cheddar and mozzarella) and cauliflower cream mixture on it. Put the shredded chicken over it. On the top spread the parmesan cheese and some olive oil. Now let it bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Once this keto mac and cheese is fully really, take it out and garnish it with nicely chopped parsley over the topping.